Link Building for a SEO Beginner
Basically there are two different area where you can work for SEO activity.
- Optimize your website for better search result priority.
2. Create links in other website from where your site will be referred.
First point is quite important but do have only 30% importance in a site’s ranking. For this on-page optimization we do different things, like optimizing META description, image alt tag improvement, better content on the site etc…
Rest 70% straight away goes to second point (Link Building). Linkbuilding is very important for a site to come high on search results. And the location of link is equally important. Don’t just go and start creating links with other sites. As a blind link creation will destroy the image of your site as well. Always use trusted sites for Linkbuilding activity. Sites that does have higher Page Rank (PR) will be a good choice.
Avoid using Gambling, Porn or Hacking sites for Linkbuilding. This can be a quick tour for you but in longer run this exercise will not work. Always choose your link partners very wisely.
Link Building can be done in following Manner –
1. By registering with blog communities - In case your site is on wordpress, then having your site registered with various blog community is very good idea. There are some community blog sites available which do have very good reputation and can index / rate your site in Google very fast. Some example for community blogs are – NetworkedBlogs, BlogCatalog, Blogged and MyBlogLog.
2. Register your site with online yellow pages - This is quite helpful in building links. Register your site on online directories, like www.yell.com for UK’s business related registration. This gives more indexing parameters to Google for your site.
3. Writing impressive notes - The site that allows you to put your article is another way to get links created. Post related article and with that article explain how your site helps society in the same field by giving the URL of your site. This can be a bit tough but believe me this is most important technique. As there are very famous article platforms available where you can post your article and these platforms are very popular, hence the much your article will be viewed the much you get index count.
4. Writing comments on do follow blogs - There are many do-follow blogs available on internet. By placing a comment on these blogs you will get instant indexing count for your site. Don’t just make simple or nonsense comments. Read the article and post a intelligent comment, by this there will be 2 benefits. First – You will get good index count, Second – If user like your comment then they may click on your name which is linked to your site and by this you may increase your site hits or sales.
List of some do-follow blogs can be seen here for different Genre.
5. Register with feed aggregator - If you are running a blogging site then don’t forget to register with some popular feed aggregator sites. Some of them are Feed-Squirrel, OctoFinder, FeedAdage. These feed aggregator sites will provide an awesome response for your blog. Registering is easy and you can see your index count increasing easily.
Apart from these technical and free techniques there are some more techniques for Linkbuilding. These techniques may cost you a bit -
1. Exchange your links
2. Pay for links
I hope this post of mine will help you building your Links.